Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Are you ready?



Are you ready to get healthy in 2013? If the answer is yes and you don’t know where to begin, I’d truly love to help. I haven’t shared too much publicly about the journey I’ve been on the last 2.5 years because I’m still a work in progress but I got to thinking on New Years Eve about how I could be helping people learn what I have instead of worrying about the fact that I’m not quite at my ultimate goal yet. 

It’s such a personal thing to discuss and quite honestly I’m not that excited about the vulnerability of sharing, but I’m willing to do so because I’d love to help others who are struggling and feeling helpless with weight issues.  I have lost 120lbs without surgeries, pills, weight-loss clubs, or anything like that…I haven’t even set foot in a gym! What I can tell you is that it’s entirely possible to lose weight without being hungry or even exercising. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it isn't.

I'm certainly not an expert, but I do know what has worked well for me and it’s a combination of things: Eating the correct amount of food for my body and eating the right kinds of food. I have read a lot of books, blogs and whatnot and through years of trial and error have figured out what has worked best for me and I’d love to share the info with any of you that might be looking to make a change in the New Year.

If you do need to make a big change like I did, here’s what you gotta do. You need to make a decision. Are you tired of feeling horrible on a number of levels? I sure was. Every bit of food I ate made me feel guilty when I was so overweight and I didn’t really even realize it at the time. I had really low energy and a constant feeling that I needed to “Do something” about my weight which could have easily led to depression and a HUGE list of medical issues had I continued much longer.

Even though I haven’t achieved my ultimate goal yet of a more athletic Body Fat percentage, I have set and accomplished a bunch of mini-goals along the way:  #1 was eliminating obesity followed by reaching the “Average” weight for my height, plus LOTS of little time & distance challenges to myself running and riding my bike. Accomplishing these little goals has given me such a positive outlook on life and how far I’ve come. I enjoy a completely healthy relationship with food now and haven’t been plagued with that feeling of helplessness since I actually “did” something. You can do it too!

Please visit the pages I've created through the menu links on the right starting with: "Hi! I'm Alissa" followed by, "Please know this." I've also created a special menu at the very top of this website with the most critical steps I'd like to share with you: Step 1: Motivation, Step 2: Calories and Step 3: Eat Clean. I hope you find the posts helpful and informative.

I will update the blog posts from time to time and share other things I've learned along the way as well as occasional bits of motivation. Also, feel free to connect with me on my facebook page www.facebook.com/trulylovethyself.

Take care!
Alissa :)

1 comments:

jenkinsfamliypost said...

Thank you! You are absolutely correct, you have made amazing changes and learned to much. So proud of you. Great blog, I will enjoy each of your posts.

Post a Comment